Did you know that rubbing banana peels on your skin helps reduce aging signs like wrinkles, fine lines, and static lines? Additionally, banana peels help to reduce inflammation and itchiness due to acne, psoriasis, and eczema. Also, banana peels can help to moisturize skin, reduce puffy eyes, and can even help to keep your skin protected from UV rays.
Bananas are abundant in healthy vitamins and nutrients your body needs. The fruit is also used as a way to beautify skin. What is so interesting about the peel is that it can be used on the skin for various skin and beauty treatments. Wondering just how? Here are five great ways banana peels are good for your skin.
1. Reduces Signs of Aging
The presence of free radicals in the skin results in cell damage. Banana peels are abundant in antioxidants, which when used on the skin combat these free radicals and prevent cell damage. The lesser the skin damage, the lower the signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. So, use banana peels to make your skin look younger and radiant.
How to Use:
- Rub the inner portion of a banana peel gently onto your skin.
- Leave it on for about half an hour and then wash with warm water. Pat to dry and apply moisturizer.
2. Relieves Symptoms of Acne, Psoriasis, and Eczema
The peel of a banana is believed to help to reduce inflammation and itchiness that accompanies several different irritating skin conditions. Acne, eczema, and psoriasis not only affect your skin, but they also impact your confidence levels. Thanks to the banana’s abundance of antioxidants and potassium, banana peels are a great, natural method for treating these skin conditions, Banana peels are also great for treating existing scars and marks.
How to Use:
- Cut a small piece from a banana peel.
- Run the inside of the peel gently on the affected areas of your skin till the peel turns brown.
- Leave the peel fibers on your skin for about 30 minutes; then, wipe off with a clean cloth dipped in warm water.
- Try this thrice a day for a few days, and you’re likely to see your skin clearing up.
- You could also choose to leave the peel fibers on overnight and wash it off in the morning.