Removing Skin Tags
- Clinical remedies: These are for professional use only. Seek out your regular physician to address the removal of a skin tag.
- Cauterization: Electrolysis is used here. A tiny pin that has been heated and is similar to a needle-like instrument will zap the tag right off. Essentially, the skin tag is being burned off.
- Cryosurgery: Liquid nitrogen, applied to the skin tag will solidify. This makes it easier for your doctor to chip away at the callus, wart, or skin tag.
- Ligation: A small rubber band is tied around the base of the skin mound. This causes the blood supply to be cut off and eventually, the tag will die.
- Excision: Your doctor uses a scalpel to cut off the tag.
Natural Home Remedies
- Tea Tree Oil: Mild and pleasant, this herbal oil can be used to treat many different skin conditions. It is moisturizing and healing. Just add 3-4 drops to a small cotton ball and gently rub the affected area. You can feel the moisture vanish almost instantly. Doing this twice a day can smoothen out bumps on the skin.
- Castor Oil Pastes: Super bitter, but extremely beneficial, castor oil is a wonder oil. It can make hair thicker and grow faster. Try mixing castor oil with some baking soda to make a paste. Citrus juice can help as well and will relieve some of the smell. In 2-4 weeks your skin tag will be gone. Vitamin C tablets also help. A good quality Vitamin C tablet that has been crushed can be used in conjunction with the castor oil and baking soda paste.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: You probably have some in your pantry right now. Just dampen a cotton ball or q-tip and cover the area where the skin tag is. It might sting, but in 2-4 weeks your skin tag will be gone. Apple cider vinegar, as well as citrus, are natural antibacterials.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe Vera is excellent for your skin. It is mild and moisturizing. It’s not heavy or sticky and can be easily grown in your home.
- Garlic and Onion Juice: Though it may be stinky, many people have found that garlic and onion juice helps in removing skin tags.
- Ginger: Rubbing raw ginger on the affected area for two weeks or more can rid your skin of a skin tag.
- Vitamin E: One of the best remedies is Vitamin E oil. Rub it on the affected area twice a day for one week. It is moisturizing and gentle on even sensitive skin.
- Fenugreek Seeds: This is a herb that packs a lot of antioxidants. Place the fenugreek seeds in a cup of hot water overnight and drink it for breakfast.
These remedies are natural or homeopathic. This means that they can be useful, though they may affect everyone differently. Prevention is key when it comes to warts and skin tags. Remember that invasive treatments are best left to the professionals.