Most of us experienced cabin fever during quarantine in the early months of the pandemic, and I’m sure you don’t want to experience that again. Having a variety of entertainment options at hand will help keep you busy while staying safe at home.
Baking is always a good option and can be especially comforting during the colder months. Be sure to buy staple baking ingredients in case you feel the sudden urge to bake something delicious.
Rather than being lazy and watching TV all day, it is important to keep your mind active. Games and puzzles are a great entertainment option that requires brainpower. They also are a way to bond with family members.
If there is a hobby that you have always wanted to pick up on but didn’t have time before, you should try it out!
Also, don’t forget that you can still be socially connected while socially distanced.
Emergency Preparedness Kit
And finally, It is smart to prepare a kit full of supplies that could potentially save your life in the event of a disaster. Here is the list of the essential items that your emergency kit should include:
- A flashlight and batteries (check out this power bank that includes an LED flashlight)
- Battery-operated radio and batteries (a multi-function radio and flashlight like this is essential to have in your emergency kit)
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Utility knife
- Paper and pencil
- Cash, traveler’s checks and coins
- Disposable dishes and utensils
- Pet food
- Fire extinguisher
- Needles and thread
- Extra set of keys and IDs
- Duct tape and scissors
- Local maps
- First aid manual
- Antibacterial ointment
- Garbage bags
- Cellphone chargers and backup batteries (you won’t need to worry about drained devices with this 10,000mAh power bank)