6. Rhododendrons and Azaleas

Rhododendrons And Azaleas

According to Poison Control, eating the leaves, nectar, or flowers of either rhododendrons or azaleas can cause irritation to the mouth or stomach. Furthermore, eating honey made by bees who feed on these plants can cause confusion, nausea, and vomiting. Eating the poisonous honey made from rhododendrons or azaleas can also cause life-threatening heart problems such as low blood pressure and irregular heartbeat.

5. Pacific Yew

Pacific Yew

The Pacific yew is an evergreen tree that grows on the west coast of the United States, from California to Alaska. The needles, bark, and seeds inside the berries of this tree are poisonous. Ingesting yew, which contains compounds similar to digitalis, can cause serious heart problems.

4. Philodendron

Philodendron

Philodendrons are popular plants found outdoors or used as potted plants indoors. Ingesting the leaves of these plants can cause burning and swelling of the mouth, tearing of the eyes, and stomach upset. Dove Med advises calling 911 if you suspect philodendron poisoning.

Related: 13 Plants You Can Use as Medicines
Loading...

Comments

Social Sharing

HealthiGuide

Site Info

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Pinterest

Subscribe

HealthiGuide © 2020