3. You See Mold

Toxic Mold

If there is mold on or inside the can, there is no option but to get rid of the canned food.

In case you didn’t know, any type of mold is fungi. Fungi can survive at very high temperatures. It can also survive in places with a high pH. If you see mold in any canned food, either on the outside or the inside, it means that the food was not properly canned.

It’s probably a no-brainer, but we still highly recommend that you don’t eat food with mold. Eating moldy food can cause vomiting, diarrhea, acute liver disease, and death in the most severe cases.

Also, it’s not recommended just to scrape off the moldy part from the food and use the remainder because the mold growth has indicated the mishandling of food, and the toxicity might be present in the whole thing. TL DR: Never eat moldy food!

2. The Food Is Discolored

Avoid Canned Beans

The canned food should always be of the same color when packed and when you eat it. If the food color changes, it implies the contamination of food with metal, chemicals, or bacteria.

For liquids, if the color appears cloudy instead of clear—or actual color— you shouldn’t try to ingest it either. This discoloration can also be the indication of the presence of botulinum toxin, which causes botulism.

1. The Food Smells Bad

Loss Of Smell

Thank you, evolution, for giving us the ability to smell bad things. Sure it’s gross, but it can save your life in many ways, including before you eat canned food.

The presence of an unpleasant odor is a clear indication that the food is spoiled and shouldn’t be ingested. The odor in the food changes only when it’s spoiled, either by microbes or chemicals.

Comments

Social Sharing

HealthiGuide

Site Info

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Pinterest

Subscribe

HealthiGuide © 2021