Mac salad is usually unhealthy; however, we have uncovered a recipe that will allow you indulge while at the same time staying conscience about your health.
- 2 cups dry macroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained.
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 mins. drained
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup diced vine-ripened tomato
- 1/2 cup prepared mayo
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1.5 teaspoon of sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons cider vineger
- 3 teaspoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cup of corn
- In a large bowl combine the macaroni, celery, corn, onion, parsley and tomato, if using.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Store covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.