We’ve discovered a pretty awesome recipe that allows you to transform Apples into chips. Chips are notoriously famous for being high in calories and often fried; therefore millions of Americans are snacking of snacks that are not good for your health. This recipe will let people snack on chips and at the same time maintain a healthy lifestyle. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced into 1/16-inch thick rounds
- 1 red apple (such as Paula), sliced into 1/16-inch thick rounds
- fleur de sel (sea salt) to taste
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees F (77 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly oil the paper.
- Stir lime juice, water, and sugar in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Soak apple slices in lime juice mixture to combine flavors, 2 to 5 minutes. Drain and discard liquid.
- Arrange apple slices in a single layer about 1/8-inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with Fleur de Sel.
- Bake apples in the preheated oven until dried and crisp, about 4 hours. Cool completely before carefully peeling from the parchment.\
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes