This recipe is perfect for friends and family gatherings. It helps fill the stomach and put people in a great mood. It takes about an hour a half for full prep to the first bite. It serves a whopping 24 people and is just under 200 calories. Try it out!
- cooking spray
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar, applesauce, and eggs in a large bowl. Add pumpkin and mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with water, mixing well between additions. Divide between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake loaves in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes.com