Breakfast has always been called the most important meal of the day. It can be tough waking up early to make a meal for yourself. But we have discovered an amazing recipe that will not only get your day off started right, but one that will get you to start cooking on the daily. This signature Bacon, Egg, and Cheese sandwich is delivered with a twist using panini bread and jalapenos. We think your taste buds will thank you.
- 1 panini roll
- 2 tablespoons tomato jam (see below)
- 4 fresh pickled jalapeños
- 2 ounces sharp white cheddar (we use Shelburne Farms, Grafton Village, or McCadam)
- 3 slices Black Forest or applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch sea salt, for garnish
- Torn flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400° F or turn the broiler to low, if the setting is available.
- Split the panini roll in half and spread the tomato jam evenly on the bottom half. Top with the jalapeños.
- Place the cheddar on the top side of the roll and lay both halves on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small cast-iron or nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp but not burned or dry.
- Place the bacon on top of the cheddar and broil the open sandwich until the cheese is melted and the roll is slightly toasted on the edges.
- Meanwhile, crack the egg into the bacon fat and cook it sunny-side up. When the white is fully set, break the yolk slightly with the back of a fork or the tip of a knife and let it spread over the egg. Cook briefly, but do not allow the yolk to set.
- Remove the sandwich from the broiler, place the egg on top of the tomato jam and jalapeños, and close the sandwich.
- Garnish with a pinch of sea salt, and torn fresh parsley.
- As always, ENJOY!
Image & Recipe Credits: 52Foods