Today, we’ve found a pretty interesting and creative recipe. It’s called, “Bacon Tater Egg Cups”. They have tons of protein and veggies. They are easy to reheat, so you can prepare them the night before and reheat them for the perfect to-go breakfast meal. Try it out!
- 24 frozen bite-size potato nuggets (such as Tater Tots®)
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, or to taste
- 10 slices cooked bacon, chopped 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spread potato nuggets onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until nuggets are half-cooked, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool until easily handled. Cut each nugget in half.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, onion, red bell pepper, spinach, green onions, and sun-dried tomatoes for 5 minutes. Drain excess liquid and stir in chopped bacon.
- Beat eggs, cream, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Spoon bacon mixture into the prepared muffin cups and top each with Monterey Jack cheese. Pour egg mixture over cheese layer until each cup is nearly full. Place 4 potato nugget halves into each.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set in the middle, 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe & Image: