Breakfast is a pretty important meal to have on the daily; some say its the most important. We’ve come across a really appetizing Bacon Waffle breakfast recipe that is perfect for the occasion. This one is sure to satisfy your taste buds and stomach.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 large eggs, divided
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted and divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp and brown, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to let drain, then chop. Pour out all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease from pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 egg, buttermilk, and 1 tablespoon butter. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, whisking until smooth. Add bacon and almost all scallions to batter, leaving some for garnish.
- Heat a waffle maker and brush with melted butter. Cook waffles in batches until golden.
- Heat skillet (with bacon grease) over medium-high heat and cook remaining 4 eggs until whites are set and yolks are still soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve waffles with an egg on top and garnish with remaining scallions.