Today we’ve got a recipe that your kids will appreciate and love. It’s called “Baked Chicken Nuggets”. These nuggets are a great and healthy alternative to the typical fried nuggets you’d get at McDonalds or Jack in the Box. These Baked Chicken Nuggets take only 40 minutes to make, it serves a family of 6, and is just a little over 300 calories. Avoid the cheese if possible- it’ll help you eliminate calories and at the same time help preserve your waistline! Try it out!
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2-inch sized pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil. Mix well. Put melted butter in a bowl or dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Recipe & Image: