Today we’ve got a unique recipe called “Baked Chicken Schnitzel”. This dish is typically pretty unhealthier, however, the author of this recipe decided to make this recipe significantly healthier by using less oil and baking it instead of frying it. This recipe is super easy to make, taking only 30 minutes, it serves 6 and is 383 calories. Try it out!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as desired
- 6 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise (butterflied)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil over foil. Place baking sheet in preheated oven.
- Flatten chicken breasts so they are all about 1/4-inch thick. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour and paprika together on a large plate. Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Mix bread crumbs and lemon zest together on a separate large plate. Dredge each chicken piece in flour mixture, then egg, and then bread crumbs mixture and set aside in 1 layer on a clean plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and arrange chicken in 1 layer on the sheet. Drizzle more olive oil over each piece of coated chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes. Flip chicken and continue baking until no longer pink in the center and the breading is lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Recipe & Image: