We have a tangy honey chicken recipe called, “Baked Honey Mustard Chicken.” It takes a bit to prepare, but it is effortless to make. It serves a family of 6 and is just 230 calories per serving. The dried basil and paprika add a kick that you don’t usually see in chicken. Avoid mustard and honey if you are trying to stay on the healthier side and lower the calorie intake. Leave the chicken skin on if you are doing a keto type diet. Enjoy!
- Six skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, and place in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley. Mix well. Pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken, and brush to cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe & Image: