Barley is the perfect compliment to a lentil salad as it provides the perfect contrasting taste to crispy lettuce.
- .75 cup quick-cooking barley
- 3 tblespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1x 15 ounce can lentils
- .25 small red onion, chopped
- .25 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- .25 english cucumber
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Cook the barley. Drain and run under cool water.
- Lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oil whisked together in a small bowl.
- in the medium bowl toss the lettuce over with half of the lemon dressing. In second medium bowl, toss the barley, lentils, carrot, onions, and cucumbers along with the remaining lemon dressing. Stir and serve over the lettuce. Sprinkle with goat cheese.