Today we’ve found a pretty awesome angel hair spaghetti recipe made with basil chicken. It’s something that can be made relatively quickly and inexpensively. If you want to try to save on some calories, avoid adding cheese. Chicken again is the healthiest of all protein meats to consume making this recipe ideal. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair pasta until it is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium, and cover skillet. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.
- Toss sauce with hot cooked angel hair pasta to coat.
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes