Are you looking for a quick and easy healthy meal? Look no further; today we’re presenting to you an awesome chicken spaghetti recipe called, “Basil Chicken over Angel Hair.” This recipe takes about 35 minutes to make, serves 4, and is just a little over 350 calories. If you’re looking to make this dish extra healthy, avoid the Parmesan cheese and try alternative angel hair pasta that uses veggies instead of carbs. Try it out!
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair pasta until it is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium, and cover skillet. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.
- Toss sauce with hot cooked angel hair pasta to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe & Image: