We’ve got an amazing breakfast for those who love to get up early. It’s called, “Breakfast Granola Cups.” It takes about 2 hours to make, so this is best prepared the day before. But it is perfect for consuming on the go. A lot of these ingredients can be customized to your liking. For example, you can use your own choice of yogurt. Replace banana with apple sauce and more. The oats add a crunch to this delightful desert! Enjoy!
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup mashed banana (or apple sauce)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups yogurt
- Spray 6 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Whisk banana, honey, and almond extract together in a bowl until smooth. Whisk oats, cinnamon, and salt together in another bowl. Stir oat mixture into banana mixture until evenly mixed. Press mixture into the base and up the sides of the prepared muffin cups. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove muffin cups from refrigerator and press each firmly into the base and sides of the muffin cups again.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes. Press sides of granola cup into the muffin cup again with a spoon. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from muffin cups. Fill each cooled cup with yogurt.
Recipe & Image: