We’ve got an amazing fruit salad recipe called, “Broccoli Mango Salad”. It’s a mixture of one of our favorite fruits in mango and our favorite veggies in broccoli. Use little to no dressing if you are looking to cut even more calories and to make this meal even healthier. We found the fruits in this salad a perfect dressing substitute. This recipe takes a long time to make due to the 4 hour freeze time; however, it only takes 20 minutes to prep; it serves 8 and is 150 calories. Try it out and as always enjoy!
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 large mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Combine ranch dressing, orange juice, and horseradish in a bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Toss together the chopped broccoli, cubed mango, cashews, and wedged onion in a salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Add the drained oranges to the salad just before serving.
Recipe & Image: