Broccoli is constantly one of our most requested ingredients. It’s healthy, crunchy, and adds a kick to most dishes. Today we found a pretty awesome recipe that contains just Broccoli, garlic butter, and cashews. If you want to stay on the healthier end, substitute butter for a healthier ingredient. Let us know what you think below!
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped salted cashews
- Place the broccoli into a large pot with about 1 inch of water in the bottom. Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Drain, and arrange broccoli on a serving platter.
- While the broccoli is cooking, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Mix in the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and garlic. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Mix in the cashews, and pour the sauce over the broccoli. Serve immediately.
Recipe & Image: