For our cheat recipe of the month, we have one called “Brown Sugar Meatloaf.” If you’ve ever had any meatloaf and ever wondered what it took it make it, you might be surprised. The secret ingredient in this recipe is ketchup. This recipe only takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to make. It feeds a family of 8 and is only 350 calories. Try it out!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
Recipe & Image: