Instant pot is one of our most popular tools to cook with. The cook time is absolutely amazing. Pressure cookers are the way to go if you’re looking to cook something quick and have it done in less than an hour. This specific recipe is perfect in cold weather. You can essentially add anything you want in it and the pressure cooker will cook and marinate the stew perfectly. Try it out!
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced, or more to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 (6 ounce)s bone-in chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1 dash ground thyme
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced okra
- ¾ cup shredded cooked pork, or to taste
- Combine tomatoes, potatoes, chicken broth, onion, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, ketchup, and red pepper flakes in the pot of a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Lay chicken breasts on top; add seasoned salt, thyme, and black pepper. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid.
- Remove chicken from pot and set on a plate to cool. Place corn, lima beans, and okra into the pot and stir to combine.
- Remove skin from chicken, shred the meat off the bones, and return to the pot. Add pork. Seal cooker; select low pressure and cook until vegetables are heated through, about 15 minutes. Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid.
Recipe & Image: