Try these delicious California sushi bites! You can serve them as a refreshing appetizer for your guests or enjoy them as a snack or a light lunch. Servings: 6 to 8.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 8 oz crab meat
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tsp sriracha
- 3 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- sesame seeds or sunflower seeds to garnish
- soy sauce for dipping
- Peel the cucumber, leave on some of the peel to make a vertical pattern, cut into slices (1 inch thickness), scrape out the middle using a spoon.
- Thinly slice the avocado and chop the scallions.
- In a medium bowl, combine thin slices of avocado, chopped scallions, lemon juice, crab meat, mayonnaise, sriracha, and pepper.
- Fill each cucumber slice with a scoop of the mixture.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds or sunflower seeds over each sushi.
- Serve with soy sauce.