We’ve found some pretty interesting healthy dessert recipes. We’ll be bringing them to you once or twice a week. This one is called, “Carla’s Baked Bananas”. We chose this recipe because not only is it tasty but bananas are a great source of fiber. This one is awesome and quick to make because it can be made in less than 20 minutes. It serves up to 8 people and is a great healthy substitute for plain ol’ ice cream. Try this out and let us know what you think.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt (optional) (avoid if possible)
- 7 ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together cornstarch and sugar. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in butter, lemon juice, nutmeg, and salt.
- Peel bananas, and place in a casserole dish. Drizzle sauce over bananas.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes