Today, we introduce a new cauliflower recipe. Instead of popcorn, this one resembles tater tots. Tater tots are a staple to most of America’s breakfast meals. Fortunately for you, we have found an extremely healthy alternative. This recipe takes only a little over 40 minutes to make and is only 117 calories per serving making this meal the perfect after work/school snack. Avoid cheese to lower the calories even more. Try it out!
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- canola oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and cool until easily handled.
- Chop cauliflower finely until it is the size of rice grains.
- Measure out 2 cups cauliflower “rice” into a large bowl. Add bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, egg white, parsley flakes, minced onion, salt, and black pepper. Form into 30 small logs. Arrange on the lined baking sheet; spray with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on the bottom, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, and spray with cooking spray. Continue baking until lightly browned on the other side, 8 to 9 minutes more.
Recipe & Image: