Today we’ve got a good and tasty recipe. It’s called Chef John’s French Fries. This is sure to be a hit with your kids or even loved one. They take a surprising 50 minutes to make (but are well well worth it), serve about 2, and are a little under 500 calories. Try it out!
- 1 russet potato, cut into evenly sized strips
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- salt to taste
- Soak potatoes in a large bowl of water for about 30 minutes. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Gently add the potatoes in the hot oil for about 5 minutes, stirring and flipping the potatoes occasionally. Remove potatoes from oil with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towel and to cool completely.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the potatoes again until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Blot with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt to serve.
Recipe & Image: