Today we’ve got the perfect recipe for the upcoming winter. It is called Chicken Zoodle Soup. It is made with very fresh and healthy ingredients. This recipe takes only 45 minutes to make, serves 6 and is a little over 200 calories per serving. Try it out!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 (14.5 ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 3/4 pound cooked chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried thyme (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 zucchini squash, cut into ‘noodles’ using a spiral slicer or vegetable peeler
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, and garlic in hot oil until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot; add carrots, chicken, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer mixture until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Divide zucchini ‘noodles’ between six soup bowls; ladle broth mixture over the ‘noodles.’
Recipe & Image: