With the winter season in full blast, its more imperative than ever to find recipes that will keep the body warm and healthy. Today, we’ve discovered an amazing Chicken “zoodle” Soup. It’s essentially a low carb meal. Instead of adding noodles to the dish, we are making noodles out of zucchini. This little trick keeps the carbs low and a slimmer waistline. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 (14.5 ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 3/4 pound cooked chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried thyme (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 zucchini squash, cut into ‘noodles’ using a spiral slicer or vegetable peeler
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, and garlic in hot oil until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot; add carrots, chicken, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer mixture until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Divide zucchini ‘noodles’ between six soup bowls; ladle broth mixture over the ‘noodles.’
Recipe & Images: AllRecipes