We found a pretty interesting Asian Fusion steak recipe called, “Chinese Pepper Round Steak.” This is a simple meal to prep and cook. It can be accomplished in less than 1 hour which makes this the ideal dinner after a long hard day of work. Avoid green bell peppers, if you’re not a fan of spicy food. Also avoid rice, if you are trying to cut weight. Please enjoy!
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef consomme
- 4 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and quickly cook and stir the sliced beef for about 10 minutes, until the meat has begun to brown and is no longer pink inside. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- Whisk together the tomato soup, beef consomme, green peppers, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, ginger, garlic salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the sauce to a simmer, stir until thickened, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the green peppers have begun to cook. Stir in the beef, and simmer for 20 more minutes until the peppers are cooked and the flavors have blended. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Recipe & Image: