Today we have an excellent Mexican tradition dish that is extremely popular in the US called, Chorizo Breakfast Burritos. It’s super tasty and is quick to make. It takes about 30 minutes to make, serves 4, and is about 800 calories. It’s a bit on the heftier side in terms of calories, but it is well worth it. Avoid cheese if you are looking for a way to cut down on calories and to make this dish a bit healthier. Try it out!
- cooking spray
- 3/4 pound chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green chile pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 eggs4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Generously coat a large frying pan with cooking spray. Cook and stir chorizo over medium high heat until well browned and crumbled. Add onion and chile pepper, and continue cooking until onion is tender.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, and add to chorizo mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until eggs are scrambled and no longer runny.
- Warm flour tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. Spoon mixture into the middle of each tortilla and top with shredded Cheddar cheese. Roll up like a burrito, and enjoy!
Recipe & Image: