Valentine’s Day is coming up in just 2 short days. Here are some Valentine’s day recipes that will certainly please your significant other. Not only will they be pleased, but they will also be pleasantly surprised by your cookie abilities. This recipe is called, “Creme Brulee” and is a perfect desert. It takes roughly 2.5 hours to make, so your loved one should certain appreciate the time you put into it.
- 6 egg yolks
- 2.5 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Beat egg yolks, 4 tablespoons white sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until thick and creamy.
- Pour cream into a saucepan and stir over low heat until it almost comes to boil. Remove the cream from heat immediately. Stir cream into the egg yolk mixture; beat until combined.
- Pour cream mixture into the top pan of a double boiler. Stir over simmering water until mixture lightly coats the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove mixture from heat immediately and pour into a shallow heat-proof dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons white sugar and brown sugar. Sift this mixture evenly over custard. Place dish under broiler until sugar melts, about 2 minutes. Watch carefully so as not to burn.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until custard is set again.
Recipe & Image: