Today we have a great alternative to the tasty but unhealthy fried chicken called, “Crispy Herb Baked Chicken”. It takes a bit longer to make (1 hour), but the health advantages are well worth it. The potato flakes replicate the crunch you typically get from fried chicken. You remove the skin to keep the chicken a bit healthier. Limit or remove the Parmesan cheese if you are looking to cut calories. Enjoy!
- 2/3 cup dry potato flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, skin removed, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease or line with foil a baking sheet or a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, and garlic salt. Stir until well mixed.
- Dip chicken pieces into melted butter or margarine, and roll in potato flake mixture to coat. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is tender and golden brown.
Recipe & Image: