In continuation of our Crock Pot Hacks. We bring to you series #2. Today, we show you how to make Honey Garlic Chicken utilizing this cooking method. We enjoy using a slow cooker to cook this recipe because it really enhances the chicken juices and the honey garlic flavor. Try it out and let us know what you think below.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, and chicken breast pieces into a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, parsley, and salt, and sprinkle over the chicken and vegetables. Pour in the tomatoes, and stir to combine.
- Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 hours.
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes