Today we introduce a new series called the Crockpot Hack Series. We enjoy using a slow cooker to cook certain stuff because it brings out the juices leaving an extremely flavorful meal. For our first one we will show you how to make a healthy Chicken Marrakesh in a slow cooker. This dish is easy to make and tasty. It’s relatively healthy as it uses chicken as its main meat. Try it out and let us know what you think below.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional) 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, and chicken breast pieces into a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, parsley, and salt, and sprinkle over the chicken and vegetables. Pour in the tomatoes, and stir to combine.
- Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 hours.
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes