Cauliflower is an ingredient that many people try to use as a healthy alternative to carbs. But have you heard of it being used as an alternative to protein? If not, we’ve got a killer recipe today called, “Roasted Cauliflower Steaks”. This recipe takes about 40 minutes to make, serves 4, and is just 176 calories per serving. Try it out!
- 1 large head cauliflower, sliced lengthwise through the core into 4 ‘steaks’
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower steaks on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Brush 1/2 of the olive oil mixture over the tops of the cauliflower steaks.
- Roast cauliflower steaks in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Gently turn over each steak and brush with remaining olive oil mixture. Continue roasting until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Recipe & Image: