Today, we’ve got a fun stir-fry recipe called “Easy Pineapple Chicken.” This is a sure-fire hit to all those who not only love Chicken but love pineapple. I’m personally not a fan of pineapple on pizza, but the pineapple in this recipe certainly give a kick that you don’t usually get in a stir-fry dish. This dish takes 40 mins to make, serves 4, and is just 307 calories. Try it out!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine soy sauce, 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, and salt in a bowl. Add chicken strips and let marinate while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a wok. Add bell pepper and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add scallions and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and add to the wok; discard marinade. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine pineapple juice and cornstarch in a bowl; mix together. Add pineapple chunks to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in pineapple juice mixture and bring to a boil. Simmer until sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes.
Recipe & Image: