Today, we have a great Mexican dish called, “Fiery Fish Tacos w/ Crunchy Corn Salsa”. This recipe is easy to make and contains only 350 calories. The best thing we love about tacos is that you see exactly what you put in per taco. It also helps with portion control that you only eat a few tacos versus downing an entire taco bowl. Avoid hot sauce if its not meant for you, but besides that try this very hearty healthy meal!
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup peeled, diced jicama
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt, or to taste
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed.
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream (avoid if you are trying to cut calories and dairy)
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn, red onion, jicama, red bell pepper, and cilantro. Stir in lime juice and zest.
- In a small bowl, combine cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, and salt.
- Brush each fillet with olive oil, and sprinkle with spices to taste.
- Arrange fillets on grill grate, and cook for 3 minutes per side. For each fiery fish taco, top two corn tortillas with fish, sour cream, and corn salsa.
Recipe & Image: