Today, we found a really unique recipe called, “Fruity Curry Chicken Salad”. We were captivated by the featured image of the recipe that we just had to try it. It’s essentially a chicken salad wrapped in a sandwich. It takes 45 minutes to make, serves 8, and is just 229 calories. Avoid mayo if you’re trying to cut calories and are trying to make this dish a bit healthier. The secret ingredient in this recipe is the golden raisins. They really add a kick to this dish as its not something you would typically expect. Try it out!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cooked and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 Golden Delicious apple – peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- Optional: Wheat Bread
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, celery, onion, apple, raisins, grapes, pecans, pepper, curry powder and mayonnaise. Mix all together. Serve!
- Optional: Get bread and make it into a club sandwich!
Recipe & Image: