Feeling skeptical after you read the title of this recipe? Don’t! These fudgy avocado brownies are actually very delicious and nutritious. This is the healthy and guilt free brownie recipe you have been looking for.
- 2 medium, ripe avocados, halved, pitted, flesh scooped out
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup wheat flour or almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mash the avocados until creamy. Melt the chocolate chips in a separate cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed avocados, melted chocolate and coconut oil. Add maple syrup, brown sugar and eggs respectively, until well combined. Add vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix together wheat flour (or almond meal), cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Stir dry mixture into avocado mixture until just combined.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Allow it to cool and slice into square portions. Serve with chilled raspberries.