In continuation of our healthy Thanksgiving hacks series, we present #3. This one is called “Garlic Mashed Cauliflower”. This is somewhat like a healthy version of mashed potatoes but instead of using potatoes we use cauliflower (one of our favorite ingredients to use). This recipe includes Parmesan cheese, so if you’d prefer to stay on the low calorie, healthy end, I would avoid using cheese whenever possible.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor; cover and blend on high. Add remaining cauliflower florets, one at a time, until vegetables are creamy. Blend in garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and black pepper.
Recipe & Images: AllRecipes