We found an amazing shrimp recipe called, “Garlic Shrimp Linguine.” Shrimp is one of our favorite seafood ingredients to put into meals. It is one of the healthiest forms of protein to consume because it is very low in calories. Which also makes it an amazing weight cutting tool. This recipe includes a hint of Parmesan cheese. Avoid that if you want to cut calories. It also includes a tablespoon of butter, but you can either use fake butter or avoid to all together. Enjoy!
- 1 pound uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat; add wine, cheese, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Increase heat to medium high and add shrimp to saucepan; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp begins to turn pink. Do not overcook.
- Divide pasta into portions and spoon sauce on top; garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
Recipe & Image: