With summer around the corner, garlic tomato bruschetta is a delicious way to enjoy the juicy tomatoes! This popular Italian recipe is very easy to prepare and has a fresh and savory taste.
- 1/2 french baguette, sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 basil leaves, thinly chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Refrigerate the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place the bread slices on the oven tray, drizzle the remaining olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Top each baguette slice with the bruschetta mixture.