Today we’ve got an awesome healthy side dish that goes well with almost any meal. Its called “Garlic Vegetable Saute.” It takes about 30 minutes to make, serves 4, and is a little over 100 calories. The dish is an excellent mix of a variety of veggies and spices that are pan-fried. This meal is excellent to get your kids or loved one who doesn’t regularly consume vegetables to start consuming them. Try it out!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet; cook and stir garlic and jalapeno in hot skillet until softened, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, and shallot; continue to cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes more. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Recipe & Image: