Flu season is here and in strong effect. We’ve decided to scour the web for the best and tastiest chicken noodle soups. We came across a strong candidate in “Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup”. This recipe is perfect for someone feeling under the weather. It takes about 45 minutes to make, but serves 12 and is just 150 calories per serving. Try it out!
- 2 ½ cups wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and oil, and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and rinse under cool running water.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in celery and onion. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat through.
Recipe & Image: