Mac salad is one of our favorite appetizers. For Cheat day Friday we found a quick and easy recipe called “Grandma’s Mac Salad”. Feel free to replace any ingredients especially mayonnaise with a healthier alternative. Give the recipe a try and let us know what you think!
- 1 (12 ounce) package elbow macaroni 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby peas, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish salt and pepper to taste
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1 pinch paprika, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- In a large bowl, stir together the macaroni, tuna, celery, onion and peas. Mix in the mayonnaise, relish, salt and pepper. Garnish with egg wedges and a sprinkle of paprika. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe & Images: All Recipes