We found an incredible recipe that allows you to eat one of the most famous dishes in the world, cheese Quesadilla and at the same time consume your greens. Try this recipe out and let us know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter, divided
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and white membranes removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 clove garlic, smashed, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1 pound cooking greens, like kale, mustard greens, dandelion, chard, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 pound grated cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet. When hot, add the shallot, chile flakes, and garlic. Once the shallot is starting to soften and color, 3 to 5 minutes, add the washed greens, with water still clinging to their leaves. Season with salt and cook until very tender, 10 to 15 minutes, then set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil or butter in a skillet until shimmering/melted. Tilt the pan to distribute evenly across the surface. Add as many tortillas as will comfortably fit and cook on one side until they have softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Distribute cheese over the tortilla, then add a few tablespoons of the cooked greens to one side. Fold the tortilla in half with a spatula to cover the greens.
- Cook until the tortilla begins to brown on one side, 2 to 3 minutes, and then flip onto the other side and cook until the tortilla browns on that side and the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat until you’ve used all of the tortillas.
- Keep warm in a 250° F until all of the quesadillas have been made. Serve with salsa, lime wedges, and/or guacamole or avocado slices.
Recipes & Images: 52Food