We’ve discovered a fantastic shrimp recipe. Shrimp is one of our favorite proteins to consume because it is low in sodium, calories, and contains zero sugar. Make sure you purchase wild shrimp instead of farm fish because they are known to be unhealthy and cause toxicity. This recipe takes about 2 hours to make and is perfect for four servings. It’s also only 336 calories. The herbs and garlic add a kick to this dish. Try it out!
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 pounds large shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Whisk the paprika, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, basil, and brown sugar together in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Stir in the shrimp, and toss to evenly coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning once.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, drain excess, and discard marinade.
- Place shrimp on preheated grill and cook, turning once, until opaque in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe & Image: