Red meat isn’t necessarily the best meat for you to consume, but they are an excellent source of protein. We have sourced and found an amazing recipe that is both tasteful and healthy. Steak for the most part is rather low calorie if you do not consume the sides (gravy, mash potatos, fries, etc). Let us know how you like it below!
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 8 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slabs of skirt steak
- 1 lime
- In a small food processor, mix together the olive oil, garlic, cilantro and lime juice. Add spices and rub the mixture on both sides of the meat, making sure to work it into the meat. Let the meat marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare a very hot fire in a charcoal or gas grill.
- Grill the steak for 2- 5 minutes on each side, depending on the cooked temperature preference.
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing to serve.
Recipe & Image Credits: 52Foods