After a long day of work, we’re usually too tired to create an elaborate meal for dinner. Fortunately, for you, we have found a low effort, tasty, and healthy meal that can be prep’d in less than 30 minutes. This meal easily serves 2-3 people. Chicken is one of our favorite healthy meats to consume, so we hope you enjoy this healthy, low effort recipe!
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 or 3 chicken legs (depends on your skillet size)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & whole peppercorns, to taste
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, de-germed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl combine Balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, peppercorns (or fresh cracked pepper), garlic and rosemary. Puree with a blender until smooth and set aside.
- Cut chicken legs. Season the chicken thighs and drumsticks with salt and fresh cracked pepper, all over and under the skin.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces, skin side down, and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken skin side gets nicely browned. Turn chicken, so that skins sides are up and add the balsamic/honey mixture to the skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done.
- Transfer chicken to plate and drizzle with pan juices. Enjoy!