Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. A lot of times, we skip it because there just isn’t enough time to make something satisfying in the morning. We have come across an easy recipe that can be cooked and prep’d in less than 10 mins. Your taste buds and stomach will be thankful!
- 2 slices of whole grain or gluten free bread
- 1/4 cup low fat ricotta
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 4 figs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Toast bread in the toaster.
- While that is happening, mix carefully together the ricotta, lemon juice and honey until it is smooth.
- After the bread is toasted, spread the mix you just made evenly over each piece of toast, then top with figs.
- Add some lemon zest for extra flavoring.
Recipe & Image: Ambitious Kitchen